CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Macaroni Bake

I saw this on the Rachael Ray Show today while I was home. I went to Meijer immediately. It originally called for celery, but I left it out due to my violent opposition to celery.
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup buffalo sauce
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 lb. whole wheat elbow macaroni
4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese

Place a large pot over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Cook chicken until brown, 5-6 minutes. Add onions, carrots, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook the veggies until tender, stirring frequently. When tender, add chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer while pasta cooks.

Preheat broiler. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain when tender.

Toss the pasta into the chicken chili. Then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and top is golden brown, 2-3 minutes.

6 comments:

ElleBee said...

That looks SOOO good! Thanks for sharing!

jeannie* said...

Holy heck, I'm making this for dinner TONIGHT! It looks amazing. I don't have paprika though... hopefully it will still be ok. Mmmmm!!!!

Lady Vea said...

Looks nice, hey thanks for your comments! Look forward to keeping each other motivated.

Donna B said...

Thanks for the recipe! I am buying the ingredients tomorrow and trying is out. Sounds and LOOKS so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

nygirlgoneca said...

jeannie, You have to use the smoked paprika, it's what gives the dish the authentic buffalo taste! Yum! This dish rocks ... even better with the celery.

Unknown said...

I ate this recipe at a cookout 3 months ago, I was literally sweating with joy... OMG, so yummy, I added more buffalo sauce and upt the anti!!! Awesome! thank you!